So the Midterm went AMAZING! The main thing was that I WASN'T NERVOUS!!! Like AT ALL! Before it was my turn we were listening to Garth Brooks on the speakers and I was just singing and dancing along until it was my turn. Then when it was my turn I didn't feel like I was being graded or anything. It felt like just another day of practicing and playing with the obstacles with Chester! It was SOOO AWESOME!!! :)
Tarp --> walked right over it, just slowly but thats normal for him.
Poles --> Walked across the first way great, turned around really weel, started to avoid them at first on the way back across them but then corrected himself. Actually waited for me to ask him to come to me and walk across the poles. He backed up slowly and slightly missed the poles but overall not bad.
Cones --> There was another horse tied up in the corner right next to the cones and he immediately wanted to go greet the horse. Kind of walked away from and knocked over some of the cones but I started over again and he did much better.
Raised Walkway ZigZag --> Started really well stepped out for a second but I tapped him on the shoulder and he THOUGHT about I could completely see him asking me and then stepped back inside and finished great! (A Really good job considering we never played on this obstacle)
Jump --> Went right over it but slowly of course
Bridge --> Went right over it as well! He didn't try to avoid it this time!
SUCH A GREAT DAY!!!
Because we all went through the obstacles so fast, we had time to Ride!!!!! :D :D :D What we did was we teamed up with someone else and rode as a passenger. I was with Dawn, and she worked on the ground with him while I was on his back getting accostumed to his gait. She actually taught me a much better way to get him to yield his hindquarters away from me. She would tap her carrot stick 4x and go through the 4 phases - getting bigger, faster and even louder. It was great!! I'm so glad I learned that!
Ah... such a wonderful day! :D :D And below is the video of the midterm! (sorry if its shaky...blame emily :D)
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Oct 13 - MIDTERM and RIDING
Posted by Stephanie at 5:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment