CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oct 16 - Trotting Bareback




Here is a clip of me trotting bareback on Chester. At first I really just focused on keeping balance and feeling the rhythm of his gait. Then as I got more comfortable I started really keeping my energy up and let him keep trotting around in a small circle. I also practiced keeping him in a circle and not shifting or wavering away from it. In the beginning it was really bad. He would only trot for a couple of strides and kept cutting the circle or drifting toward the door and things like that. The more we practice and me making sure he felt like he was still succeeding, the better he became. I was allowing him to have some responsibility 1. Maintain gait 2. Maintain direction 3. look where we're going! It was overall a REALLY REALLY good day! :) and a TERRIFIC experience for me! :D

0 comments: