Chester was feeling absolutely wonderful today! I could tell that the colic wasn't bothering him as much today. When I brought him into the arena I was going to set up some of the obstacles for the Midterm, so I decided to just unhook his lead rope and let him go.
He actually RAN! He trotted around the whole arena and even loped! It was so wonderful to see him happy again! Then I decided to do At Liberty with him using the whole arena. It wasn't too bad but we definitely can improve. I drove him over the jump and got him to pick up my energy and trot with me for a little while.
Sylvia then came out and started kicking the green balls toward Chester. He still really isn't comfortable around the yet and he would take off across the arena but when we stopped kicking them he would gradually make his way back to us which was really good.
A Really Fun day!! I loved seeing him feeling better and playing and being curious about different things. He ran into the new cattle shoot and investigated it and was like a young horse again! I am SO HAPPY he isn't sick anymore!!! :D
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Oct 9 - Observations
Posted by Stephanie at 5:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment