I got a ride out to the Livestock Center today because I really just wanted to check up on Chester to see how he was doing. He was extremely listless - probably a lot of it had to do with being drugged up! I took it slow with him at first and just groomed down really good and cleaned his hooves.
I did some driving games but kept it really slow and simple and was doing so much better with pressure on his hip and his head was well, the right side is better than it was but still needs improvement. During the circling games he really didn't want to move away from me, I'm not sure if part of it was because he wasn't feeling well or not. When trying to do the circling game he tried lying down again and continued to walk him around. Randy and Sylvia showed up and listened to his stomach and they heard very little noises. They also pulled up his skin and he didn't go back as fast as it should have meaning that he was extremely dehydrated. Sylvia then called Dr. Waddoups and he told her to tie Chester up in one of the stalls and give him a bucket of water but no feed. I then went to my Barrels class and we could him in the stall kicking at the door. After class he was extremely anxious because of being tied up and left there but wasn't as dehydrated as earlier. We left him there so Reed could check up on him and decide what to do later that night.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Colic - Sept 25th
Posted by Stephanie at 12:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment