CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Connection - Oct 1st


Chester wasn't feeling well again today and kept kicking at his stomach but I made sure to keep him distracted and things seemed to start to improve as time went on.

I tied his rope around his neck and played with him that way. I definitley have to use more pressure with it there then compared to hooked to the halter. He was very respectful of my space and at one point when Bro. Twitchell was talking I sat down on the ground and he put his head down next to me and I just sat there scratching it and he didn't push me or anything!

At one point I went to figure out the radio and left his rope hanging over the wall so I could turn it on. Well, he ended up walking through the walkway and came right up to me in the corner where the radio is. It was very sweet. He came to me hesitantly and very respectfully which I greatly enjoyed!

I was able to get him to put his front hooves up on the pedestal! That was so AWESOME!! I've had a horse that I've been able to do that with, and to see even though he really didn't want to he did because I was asking him to and he trusted me!

IMPROVE ON --> Not stopping to eat every two seconds when walking to and from his pen
Not circling around me after trotting again.


0 comments: