CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Grooming Chester - Sept 16

I finally took Chester out of his pen for the first time today. I mainly wanted to just groom him off and things like that to see how he reacted with me around him like that. I also had sprained my right wrist so I was unable to really do a whole without being in pain. I quickly realized that he was EXTREMELY food oriented. I could tell that he was a little 'fresh' today as they put it. He really wanted to go into the arena where a class was going on with other horses.

When picking up his feet he's not too bad. He does like to fight more on the back feet, but I he eventually stops trying to pull away from me. He isn't scared of me he' most definitely doing it take control of things and to show his more dominant side.

I did work with him a little bit on the circling game. It was actually probably a good thing that I had hurt my right wrist because that meant that I couldn't work on his left side and was forced to work only on his right side. His right side most definitely needs a lot of work. He's very dull to that side and I need to use a ton of pressure on the right more so then his left side.

I also did the driving game around to different objects around the green barn. He was very curious about things that were out there, and would walk right upto to something and start smelling it. Sometimes he would mouth it and probably realizing that it wasn't food would stop.

The main thing I knew that I had to work on was getting him to yield his right hip to me.

0 comments: