CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Meeting Chester - Sept 14, 2009

The first time when I went to go get Chester out, the hay truck was coming around so I decided to sit back and watch him while he ate his food. I always think its fascinating to watch it while horses eat. You can learn a lot about that them and the type of personality they have before you start "playing" with them.

I quickly noticed that he was the bottom of his pen, but he wasn't pushed around too much. His attitude was more like "I'm the bottom and I really just don't care!" He seemed at first really disinterested with everything around him. He was off by himself in the back of the pen, while the other three horses were up together in the front waiting for their food.

Even though he was the bottom he could still get in there and eat when he wanted to. At one point when a couple of the horses weren't letting him eat he walked over to the other tire where Churchwagon was and actually picked up and moved it closer to him so he could stick his head in and get some food. So I could tell that he did like to play sometimes but apparently you have to motivate him and food is what motivates him!!!

Another thing I learned this first day watching him was that he was very tolerant of the other horses who were pushing him around a little. He didn't seem to care that they didn't want him to eat. He just kept on eating and completely ignored them.

I know that I have a lot of work to do, but I'm slowly learning about him before anything else.

0 comments: