CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oct 6 - Trailer Loading

For the first time in a LONG time he was extremely alert and curious. A lot of it was with him starting to finally feel better and also because of the trailers in the arena which was new to him.
He smelled all of them and walked around them somewhat tense but overall not too badly. Brother Twitchell's truck was the only that had a 5th wheel type trailer. Chester was more nervous of this set up and the wire that plugged the lights in, also made him jump a little. He was snorting like crazy and completely focused on the truck. I moved slightly at one point and he completely started. We played the Squeeze Game by the truck over and over until he was able to go by it at least somewhat calmly.

Then I started loading him into the trailers. He was hesitant at first but was also extremely curious about each of them. He tends to try and move away and avoid whatever he is nervous of. He went fully into all of the trailers except one fairly quickly considering. Sometimes however, I wasn't sure if he only went into the any of the trailers because he saw food in it and wanted to eat it.

I'm not sure how he is nervouse but will constantly EAT! How does he change the order of the hierarchy around and put food before EVERYTHING else!!!??? Maybe he's nervous of the trailers but not nervous enough to let it bother him and his need for food. I don't know I really don't know yet.

--- Side note, when I when got him from his pen for the first time he walked up and greeting me!!!

0 comments: