So I've always realized that Chester lopes so much better when going to the Left then he does to his right. I've never actually tried to see why an really pay attention to it even though I definitely should. So today I realized that he always picks up the wrong lead while loping to the right and thats why it always feels really strange to me. So Randy was there and he helped me work on getting Chester to pick up his right lead. We loped around in circles and he had me put me just enough pressure on his right side to get him to push that leg forward. I had to get really big at times to try to get him to pick it up and he really wasn't getting it. Then after going around the arena a couple of times I eventually got him to pick up his right lead for a couple of strides before he decided to slow down to his fast trot (like always)
But he did fairly good and was happy with that and it took some effort and I know I should have spotted it sooner and started working on it with him awhile ago but for some reason it was a top goal on my list... which isn't always a good thing. But I'm glad I noticed it though and was able to practice it with him for at least a little bit.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Dec 11 - Lead Changes
Posted by Stephanie at 8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment