CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Dec 12 - Loping Bareback one more time/Horsenality

When I went out to the LC today for Open Riding the tack room wasn't opened and I didn't want to call up Sylvia and have her come out and unlock it because I knew she was going to becoming out for horseball anyways in a little bit. So I just did some groundwork with Chester. Getting him to pick up my energy again, yielding his hindquarters and then I also did the cones and poles for a little bit to refresh his memory before the final. I then decided I wanted to try to Lope bareback one more time. I was having a REALLY hard time getting him to go into a lope and I couldn't get big enough. So Randy ended up chasing him and using the carrot stick and he did eventually break into a lope for a little bit. If I could find a way to keep my energy up a ton while on him bareback to keep him at a lope it would be absolutely AWESOME!!! But I'm glad I still had the guts to try it even after falling that hard the weekend before.
So a really chill kind of day but fun nonetheless.... :D :D
---- (I gotta get a hang of it before the end of next semester! you know.... HORSEBALL!)

So since it is the Final time and the end of the semester its time to re do the horsenality chart for Chester. He is nowheres near as food oriented as he was when I first started working with him. He doesn't push to go to his pen and is a lot more patient with me when I take his halter off as well. I have noticed that he has developed some more right brain symptoms however. He is a little bit more shy and timid then when I first watched him. But then it is sometimes hard to tell still when he is actually nervous of something or is just plain trying to be dominant with me. He still is overall is a left brain/introvert but he isn't too fall onto that side of the spectrum as we he was previously. I also noticed that when he gets nervous he will completely avoid looking at that object or whatever it is that scares him. He has gotten better and I can see that but its not a drastic change, but then I don't think he could have a drastic change because of his personality it will take time and lots and lots of patience with him.

0 comments: