So this is just my closing note about this class and all that I have learned. This semester couldn't have been more different compared to last semester. And I knew that from the moment I first met Chester that it would different because he has a different personality than Shelby. The main thing I learned about myself this semester is that I still have some BIG isssues in getting BIG!! I don't know what my deal is... I just have such a hard time with it for some reason. I think I've gotten better than I did when I originally started working with Chester and especially horses in general. I love being around horses and I hope that I will always be able to have this chance of working with them for as long as possible.
I like to look back on when I first started riding... Fall of '06 when I took the Basic 1 Class when it was still used for credits. That was THREE YEARS AGO! I didn't even know how to saddle a horse or bridle them! I was terrified to lope and terrified of falling off! Now I LOVE loping its the best thing in the world! And I have already fallin of three times and I'm still alive... well for now :D I have gained so much confidence in this class. Not just when dealing with horses but in my own personal life as well.
Chester is an awesome horse, Shelby is an awesome horse. Whomever I get next will be an awesome horse as well. Each horse I ride challenges me in different ways. With Shelby it was my confidence and overcoming my fears. With Chester it was being BIG and having patience and not letting him take control all the time.
This style of training or working with your horse is a wonderful way to connect with your horse. The main thing I know now, is that everyone learns in diffferent ways and has different styles of teaching and training. I need to cypher through all of them and figure out what works best for me and take it. But I need to always remember to be open to other styles and others advice as well.
Lastly, the main thing for me to work on in general. Is to NOT compare myself to others. I can't continue doing that because it will just weigh down on me. I need to just look at how far I have come already and know that I am still learning and will continue to learn and continue to grow and advance. I have to have the confidence in myself that I can do anything I put my mind to.
Monday, December 14, 2009
My Growth
Posted by Stephanie at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment