CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nov 9 - Loping :) (Basic II Class)

When I start saddling him, he still pins his ears back at me and kind of shows me his teeth. So today I put the saddle on more slowly and rubbed him with it and seemed to calm down a little bit better which I was grateful for. In class today we were learning how to trot. And when we were trotting around, he broke into a lope for like a stride or two! It was crazy!! I didn't even ask him to! Sometimes this can be a bad thing, but I was thinking well if you wanna lope so bad today I'm gonna let you! Kind of reverse psychology almost.

When class ended, I stayed behind a little bit longer and just let lope and picked it up so fast! It was awesome! He is better at going to the left than he is to the right. He has some difficulty pick up his left lead. Afterwards, I took his saddle off and he even rolled in the arena! First time he was rolled (other than when he had colic) after we have played together.

It felt wonderful having him wanting to lope and I hope I'll be able to practice more with him and he'll want to do it more often.

Improve on: Picking up his left lead.

0 comments: